Monday, July 31, 2006

Heat Wave

My goodness! I am glad to be back online! My computer has been on the major fritz for a long time and after much effort and headaches, we are back online!! WOO HOO! This has been a very hot summer and this week is no different. Record temps this week! Those who know me know that I LOVE summer, but when temps start climbing up and over the 100 degree mark, that's just too hot!

I've been doing lots of spinning and knitting over the past few months. Made my first pair of socks - I am proud of myself! If you would have asked me a year ago if I would have ever knitted socks, I would have laughed at you. I am now on my second pair - for my hubby, of course! :)

There are new things happening all the time around here. I have been doing spinning demonstrations around the area and have recently entered several skeins into a competition at the Lebanon County Fair. Much to my surprise I received several 1st and 2nd place ribbons. We are in the process of taking pictures of them all so they will be posted as soon as possible.

I have been aquiring fleeces lately. It has been fun getting back to the basics of spinning - hand washing/hand carding - from grease to skein and then onto project. My next project will be dyeing techniques. What fun!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home